Sunday, December 14, 2008
I finally finished my winter purse! I decided to try a drawstring bag--and it turned out great! I'm very happy with this one. I think it turned out very cute. I ran out of the polka dot fabric that I used for the lining and binding on the pockets, so decided to go with a solid bright pink fabric for the straps and drawstrings. However, since they were made from a solid fabric with no pattern, I decided to add decorative stitching on them using a blue that matches the background color of the purse body.
I also made a "case" that I slipped a piece of plastic canvas in so the bottom of the bag would be stable and hold it's shape. It's removable so if I need to wash the purse, I can just take it out.