Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Animal Blankies

After deciding I wanted to focus more on making baby/children items, I came up with these animal blankies. I had a pattern of the monkey, but after I made it, I thought I should come up with more animals. So, I made a teddy bear, cat, lamb, frog, and robots. I daresay they came out cute! Since these little blankies woke up my creative side, I have a list of other animals I'd like to try to make also. So I may be working on these for quite some time!

These are made from flannel fabric so they are nice and soft. The faces are made with fleece that are appliqued onto the heads. Face features are hand embroidered. They do have safety eyes but I guarantee these cannot be pulled off! These are the same type of eyes they use on stuffed animals. They measure 19" wide x 22" high so are small enough that a toddler can carry it around without tripping over it.

These are listed in my etsy shop as well as my Artfire shop. So, if you have a baby shower or b-day coming up, these would make great gifts!

No comments: