Sunday, April 18, 2010

Have You Ever Had....

Have you ever had one of those days when things just don't go right? I'm sure you have, I mean, who hasn't? Yesterday was one of those days for me. I had big plans of doing a little crafting. I was going to make covered button rings. I was so excited! But first I had to go to JoAnn's and get some glue. That in itself, was no problem--so far so good. I was very excited to get home so I could get my craft on!

Well, here's when my decent enough morning started to turn sour. It turned out that I didn't have the size covered button tool I needed to make the little buttons to attach to the rings. Well, ok, maybe I'll just make buttons then. Yeah, didn't have the size tool I needed for those either. Hmmm, well ok, I guess I'll just work on that order for baby items then.

So, I got out the fleece, cut out a car seat cover, sewed it like I THOUGHT the directions said. That was wrong. Had to tear it out. In the process my seam ripper broke. So I had to use the little cheap-o one that came with my sewing machine. After I got it all tore out and resewn, I was getting ready to put the elastic in. Turns out I didn't have enough. Well, let me just see if it'll work anyway. Not only did it not, but the elastic ends came unpinned and now the elastic is stuck inside the cover. Big SIGH. Needless to say, that was the end of my crafting for the day.

Maybe I'll try again today. Or maybe I'll just take an all-day nap.

No comments: