Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Belle's Block


 For those of you who may not know, nine years ago my family lost a precious gift. Her name was Isabella but we called her Belle. Belle was taken from us at only 3 1/2 months of age due to SIDS.  It was the most difficult thing my family has ever been through. It is difficult enough to lose a loved one, but when that loved one is so young it's so much more difficult.  But we came together, provided each other (and especially my two nieces) strength and support, and we made it through because that's what families do. We may have times when we don't all get along, but when we need each other, we know we're there for one another.

 After Belle passed away, my niece, Amy (her mom) had given family members a pink ribbon to hang from their rearview mirrors in their cars to remember her by. It happened that  Amy's sister Rose was a bit too young at the time to receive one.  Now Rose is 17 and has her own car so Amy had asked me if I could make a block, similar to fuzzy dice,  because she could no longer find the ribbons, for Rose.  So that is what I did today. It was my first try at making a block and it didn't turn out perfect, but I hope Rose likes it just the same.

No comments: