Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Finally Finished

A couple of months ago I got an order to make some baby items. The expectant mother is a friend of my niece's and she sent me a TON of Curious George fabric to make these items with: fleece, cotton, and flannel. The only requests she had were two blankets (one small, one larger), a car seat cover, bumper pads, a quilt made from the leftover fabric, and things to decorate baby's room.  All of these were items I had never made before so I had to put my thinking cap on.

 I figured the easiest thing to do would be to choose one of the fabrics and make everything I could out of it, and then continue on with each of the fabrics. So I started with fleece. I made her a crib sized blanket and a smaller blanket.
I also made a car organizer, car seat cover and snuggle wrap from fleece.
 
Then it was time to move on to the flannel. Since the flannel was the only fabric I had enough of, I made the bumper pads from it. I also made some bibs and burp cloths and a monkey blankie.
Now I was left with the cotton. I made quite a few things with it. A travel high chair, wall letters, a stuffed monkey (from a Bit of Whimsey pattern), and a toy set.
 
And lastly, I made a rag quilt with the leftover cotton and flannel.  My first attempt but it was fun and I really like how the rag quilts look.

No comments: