Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Wholesale Order

I am so excited! A few weeks ago a seller on etsy had contacted me about making tool aprons for her son's birthday party.  She wasn't exactly sure how many she'd need or what fabrics she wanted so said she would get back in touch with me when she figured it out.  She's been contacting me pretty regularly since then. She's finally decided that she wants girls and boys aprons. Girls in pink with purple trim, boys in navy with red trim. She also wanted them personalized

So yesterday, I made one of each so I could send her a picture of how they looked.  I decided to embroider the names onto felt (heart shaped for girls, oval for boys) to match the trim colors.  I also decided that I would use decorative stitching for the pocket dividers in the trim colors just to break up the solids a bit. They turned out cute! I sent her a picture of the two I made and she loved them. So now I need to make 11 more of them. There could be a total of 18 but she hasn't heard from a couple of the invitees yet.
In other news, my niece requested that I make a blanket to go along with the frog pillow I made for her little boy. So, I made him a small rag quilt. It turned out so cute! These are so fun and easy to make, just a bit time consuming because of all the cutting you have to do. These may be future Christmas presents for the little ones. I think they'd all enjoy their own blanket.

1 comment:

Bit of Whimsy Dolls said...

Congratulations! Big orders are exciting!