Monday, September 6, 2010

Help Needed with New Item

I have been thinking for quite some time that I should make laptop sleeves and totes. What I decided today was to make and sell them in sets. Since laptops come in all sizes now, I had no idea how big I should make them. Enter my Twitter friends! Thanks to their help and advice I have decided to make sets for iPads (since it was suggested they need a harder cover to protect the screen), a size for 10"-13" laptops and a size for 14"-17" laptops. Now, here's where it gets fun! What I need is exact measurements of the different sized laptops. I have a 17" laptop, so mine actually measures 15 1/2" wide x 11" high when closed. So, the favor I need is for you to measure your laptop (when closed) and let me know the measurements :) And if you also have any suggestions for options, etc for the sleeves and covers (such as pockets--make it padded, etc) please feel more than free to let me know! I want these to stand out from all the rest so anything you may add or suggest to make mine different will be very welcome advice! And who knows--maybe I'll just give one of these away :)

3 comments:

Barbra said...

Mine measures 14 1/4" by 10 1/2" and don't forget the thickness...1 3/4".
Hope that helps.

Finding Charm said...

I don't have a laptop, but I know several that do and just about everyone puts them in some sort of case.

They're all sorts of patterns, but they all stretch to a certain extent with a zipper closure. Wonder if they could be washable? I know one of my friends, she has this cute cover, but it's not as cute anymore because it looks worn.

Hope that helps. Or you could go to the Apple site or a Best Buy site and get various sizes there.

Unknown said...

Hi, Lil' Bit Sassy! Sion here from Knowsters. I noticed your post on Indiepublic and thought I'd help.

I have an Apple 15" Macbook Pro with the following dimensions:

Width: 14 3/8"
Depth: 9 13/16"
Height: 15/16" (very close to an inch)

Hope that helps -- can't wait to see your sleeves!