Monday, October 15, 2012

Tomato & Chicken Pasta

Tonight I decided to do something with the chicken breasts I had taken out for dinner. I really wanted a baked pasta dish but didn't have any mozarella cheese (which most call for) so I had to come up with something else. I am always throwing things together and sometimes I come up with some pretty decent dishes. Mark this as one of them. It was so easy and took ingredients I usually have in the pantry.

Tomato and Chicken Pasta 
Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
Italian dressing
2 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves if using fresh)
2 tsp oregano
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
1/2 cup vegetable broth (chicken broth would also work)
1 cup half and half (do use this and not milk)
Peppers (I used green and red) chopped
Mushrooms (chopped)
Salt to taste
Pasta of your choosing (I used ziti)

Directions:
Cut chicken into chunks and marinate in dressing for at least 30 minutes.
Put about 2 tsp olive oil on a pan and add chicken and dressing.
Cook chicken until done.
Add all other ingredients (except pasta)
While chicken and sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to directions
When pasta is done, add to sauce mixture, let simmer about five minutes.
Serve with parmesan cheese and bread if desired.

*Note* I like my sauce on the thicker side, so if it's a bit too runny for you, before you add the pasta you can mix a small amount of cornstarch with a bit of water and put that in the sauce to thicken it a bit.





No comments: