Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Logo Bookmark Tutorial

I truly appreciate my customers. As a thank you, I like to enclose a free gift with every order. Something small, yet something that will let the customer know I appreciate their business. I've been giving away corner bookmarks, but I thought, "What about full sized bookmarks"? And wouldn't it be neat if I could put my logo on them so the customer would remember my shop? So, how to do it?

I decided to use my shop banner for my design. I resized it to 35% (you may have to play around to get yours the correct size)and printed it out. Then I cut around it with decorative scissors. I cut it small enough that I could put a background behind it to make it "pop" a bit more.Next, I needed to make a background. I used solid color card stock (but you can use designed card stock if you wish). Using my bookmark lamination sheet (mine measures 2 1/8" x 6" but you can buy them in various sizes), I made a template. You will have to make this slightly smaller than your lamination sheet. If you are using 4"x6" or 5"x7" sheets, you can make these any size you wish. Just cut them out after you've laminated them. I drew as many backgrounds as I could get onto my card stock sheet. I did manage to get six out of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet and 12 from a 12" x 12" sheet.Apply double sided tape to the back of your design. Center over your card stock background and tape into place. I decided to write my shop site on the backside.
Place your bookmark into your lamination sheet and laminate! Now you have a nice little gift to give to your customers!

No comments: